Hawaiian is proud to announce that the 2019 Giving Box appeal has raised 30,789 meals and 3,169 gifts this Christmas! Donations were collected across Hawaiian shopping centres for our charity partners Foodbank WA and Variety WA, and distributed to local families in need. Now in its seventh year, the Giving Box Appeal has provided over 100,000 meals and 40,000 toys to WA families during Christmas.
Local communities and schools around Hawaiian's Noranda were encouraged to donate tinned food, tea, Christmas puddings, gift vouchers, toy cars, dolls, craft supplies and monetary donations during the months of November and December 2019. Donations of cash were also accepted, which were converted into meals and gifts for the appeal.
From all of us at Hawaiian's Noranda, we would like to extend our thanks to everyone who took part in the 2019 Giving Box Appeal, in particular our local schools:
- West Beechboro Primary School – 463 students participated
- Morley Primary School – 167 students participated
- Weld Square Primary School – 150 students participated
- Noranda Childcare Centre – 90 students participated
- Camboon Primary School – 375 students participated
- North Morley Primary School – 210 students participated
- Morley Senior High School – 700 students participated
- Noranda Primary School - 363 students participated